Saturday, November 22, 2014

Put on Your Lips and Pull It Together





     Well it's almost been a month since I have last written and I want to start by apologizing. This month has been crazy! Between my best friend getting married and my newest nephew being born I can't seem to find time to sleep let alone write! So now that all the hustle and bustle is over I'm back!

     For this post I wanted to talk a little about lipstick! If you know me at all then you know that I rarely leave the house without any on! I think my love for makeup began when I started dancing. I got to see how much makeup can do with a little knowledge. It could make 10 girls all look identical or make identical twins look completely different. 

     I was that girl that loved to play in her mothers make up. I spent hours perfecting tracing my lips and eyes only to look like I had just stepped out of a horror fest. 

     Well fast forward to today and after countless hours, which could probably total weeks, I can wear a lip and not look like I ran into a wall. 

     This past summer I decided to take the plunge and try a bold lip. Well let me tell you that I have no clue what I did before purples and berries had graced my lips. I loooooove them! Classic red had always been a staple since dance for the simple fact I always had it laying around. So this year I have gone maybe a little overboard collecting all different colors. 





     This is a swatch list I have done and it's grown since then! Here are some of my favorite looks from the past few weeks! 

     This is Brazen Berry. Its great with a nude gloss on top for work. It's not so over the top that your boss with think why in the world their employee is wearing purple on their lips but just bright enough for people to know that you yourself are boss. 

     This has become my go-to! I am IN LOOOOOVE and I don't care who knows it! Seriously, I love this color! Matte Berry is the perfect day to night color. It also works with the reds in this scarf while I could also work it with a bright pink top. It has yet to let me down! 

     Then of course my classic red. This one is called On Fire Red and that's just it. It is on fire! Every time I wear this people always ask me how I got lucky enough to pull off such a bright red. As much as I wish I could say it was genetics, it isn't. Every one can pull off a bright red but you have to find the one the works the best for you. However, I have to say this one may just work for every single person. I have used it on close to 10 people with all different skin tones and each one looks flawless! 





     So I hope this gives you an idea of what you need to pull off the bright colors; CONFIDENCE! Play with different shades and don't be afraid to do something a little daring. Go out there, get what you want, and have a pretty lip to go with it! 

                xoxo, American Sweetie

No comments:

Post a Comment